Thursday, September 7, 2017

Rendezvous Trip Day 6

The smoke and ash continued to be a problem yesterday. Makes for some really pretty images of the sun but it's just gray and ashy outside...not great to look at.

As we left the Port of Victoria we passed a huge cruise ship; the closest we've been to one in a boat. I prefer our style of "cruising" thank you very much!

I don't think we'll ever hit the open seas but my image of a totally gray skyline is what I imagine that horizon would look like...empty! The Olympic Mountains were hiding behind all of that smoke.

We had another good viewing of a pod of Orcas on our way to Roche Harbor, just as we were entering Haro Straight. Not showing off like last time but still an awesome sight. One of these days I'll get a photo.

The first thing we did after arriving yesterday was wash all the ash off the Europa! Many of the 170+ boats had already arrived. More today...

No comments:

Post a Comment