Sunday, March 18, 2018

Windows

Keeping windows clean on a boat is a monumental task. As I tend to do, I was using an environmentally friendly product...trying to be kind to the planet. Well, I'm not sure if it's the product, the cloths, or the build up of dirt and grime, salt water and diesel fumes, but it's not working!

I cleaned the windows (exterior) when we arrived in Longbranch yesterday. The good news is that it was a bit chilly and I warmed up pretty quickly. The bad news is that the windows ended up dirtier than when I started! Okay, maybe not worse but just as filthy...in a different way.

So...REALLY GOOD window cleaner is on the boat shopping list. Let me know if you have a favorite. (And if you have a preference for equipment: Micro fiber? Paper towels? Handi-wipes?)

I want to use this blog to make note of what we like best about the places we visit. The Longbranch Improvement Club Marina is small, has a great clubhouse (if you need that kind of thing, it's almost completely enclosed), and Filucy Bay is very pretty, is super quiet, and has great morning sun! Drawbacks: Nowhere to go from here unless you want to walk alongside of the shoulderless country road.

No comments:

Post a Comment