Sunday, November 11, 2018

New fave?

We've visited Port Townsend a couple of times, staying in Point Hudson and Boat Haven. Boat Haven is spiffy with new docks, a cheaper fee, and space during boating season. It is a bit of a walk into town.

This time we opted for Point Hudson because we knew we were likely to find a spot this time of year, and we wanted to walk to Fort Worden.

We woke to a sublime sunrise and watched a kingfisher resting on a nearby boat. This is one of my favorite birds and I don't often get this close.

It really is a charming spot.

I am not sure I have ever seen so many sleek, fat and happy deer in suburbia in my life.

Fort Worden was really beautiful on this crisp, clear morning. Views were expansive. The Marine Science Center was not open yet so we'll save this for another visit.

We were pleased to see mooring buoys and plan to revisit this great park!

No comments:

Post a Comment