Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Home berth docking - I did it!


After checking the weather, we decided to head home from Penrose – rain and wind in the forecast. We had a lovely couple of days out.

A bit more about Penrose Point State Park…it really is a nice spot. We hiked the loop out to the point yesterday morning. The trails are well-maintained, and there are good resources around the park, including a nature walk, signage about local wildlife, and maps. Depending on tide, you can walk the beach or the trails. As we walked the trail near the beach, loons were making very cool noises across the water.


local clams (but I think they forgot Purple Varnish Clam)


Mt. Rainier 




beach art


Someone before us got creative

On our way across Carr Inlet, and all through Hale Passage, we saw lots of porpoise again…dozens at a time. We also saw a few sea lions in The Narrows.

For some reason, I decided yesterday was the day for me to ease Europa into her home berth at the Foss Harbor Marina. I always take her out but had yet to return her to F2B. The fairway is fairly narrow, and we are the second boat from the end, so it’s pretty close quarters. And I was determined to do this without thrusters!

I think it went well. It took me a while, but I didn’t use thrusters until the very end. I got the boat turned without them, then used them just to nudge her to the dock.

No comments:

Post a Comment